Administrative interns will work closely with the staff of Eighth Blackbird Performing Arts Association in all areas of nonprofit management, including day to day operations, fundraising, development, and marketing.
Eighth Blackbird considers interns part of its staff, capable of making significant contributions to the organization. As such, they should be prepared for the responsibility this entails. Expectations are high; we offer meaningful tasks and independence in proportion to interns’ demonstrated abilities. Supervision is offered to overcome barriers, provide direction and resources, and to develop judgment.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with duties related to The Blackbird Creative Lab
- Assist with duties related to Chicago Artist’s Workshop
- Update documents in Google Drive
- Update events on company’s WordPress website
- Research potential performance venues, both regional and international
- Assist Managing Director as needed
- Help with merchandise inventory and sales
- Participate in all activities associated with Eighth Blackbird’s Chicago area concerts, including attending development, marketing, and production meetings.
- Update audio database of past and current recordings
- Maintain inventory for large sheet music library
- Help grow and maintain Eighth Blackbird’s email list
Skills & Qualifications:
The ideal candidate is organized, self-sufficient, motivated, tech-savvy, is a talented writer, and has an interest in entrepreneurship, marketing/PR, and music. The intern will work 15+ hours per week, starting April 2017 through August 2017; specific dates can be flexible. Must commit to coming into the office located at 4045 N Rockwell two days per week. This is an unpaid internship.
The best interns tend to be self-motivated, resourceful, and able to work alone as well as with others. Interested applicants should note at the outset that this is an administrative internship and that the ensemble frequently tours. While any extended internship will provide opportunities for attending rehearsals, concerts, administrative and artistic meetings, most work will be either independent or with the administrative staff.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to: email@example.com.